People who live outside Australia are able to receive Australian assets under a Will made in Australia.  If they are not mentioned by name in a Will but are entitled because of a relationship with the deceased person they will have to obtain evidence of that relationship in their own country.

For example, a Will may leave an asset to Maria who lives in a European country.  If Maria has died and the Will states that her children are to receive her entitlement, the children would have to satisfy the Executor that Maria is deceased and that they are her children. This can be a complex process depending on the country where Maria lived.

Our lawyers can help with the process of satisfying the Australian requirements to establish identity and entitlements.

joshua-coleman-623144-unsplash (1)